Student Volunteers play a key role in success of ICT4S by supporting the overall conference and conference attendees. Student volunteers help with the administration of the conference and have the opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students.
We invite passionate and reliable Student Volunteers to help us run the ICT4S 2018 in Toronto. Being a student volunteer is a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest on ICT for Sustainability! We strongly encourage you to use the event to build your professional network.
- Must be enrolled as a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must have good communication skill in English.
- Work around 20 hours during the conference.
- Provide assistance at registration.
- Provide directions to various locations at the conference venue.
- Provide technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Monitor session rooms and dining halls.
- Collect tickets and check badges at varies halls.
- Provide assistance for attendees with special needs.
- Available in May 13-18, 2018.
- Free registration to the conference.
- Tickets for lunches during the conference.
- One ticket for conference reception and one ticket for main dinner.
- Student Volunteer ICT4S T-shirt.
- An opportunity to network to leading researchers and to the other students.
- Additional benefits may be available.
Notes: Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodations.
– Visa application support letter available upon request.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online application form by clicking APPLY NOW.
- Send your CV via email to the Student Volunteer Chair Aiko Yamashita with the subject “ICT4S2018 – SV Application for [Student Name]”.
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty member at your institution, indicated in the application form, to be emailed to the Student Volunteer Chair Aiko Yamashita with the subject “ICT4S2018 – SV Reference Letter for [Student Name]”.